25 Things About Me
1. I love cupcakes.
2. And the "middle piece" of cake...you know, the one without all that frosting. Same goes for brownies - no corner pieces.
3. I never would have dreamed that I would have four boys. In a row.
4. Or five children.
5. I always wished that I was shorter. With heels I hit the 6 foot mark, which makes me feel like I’m towering above Roger, who’s 5’8.
6. He loves it.
7. I live by the motto: “Why finish one project when you can start 5?”
8. I love to purge and organize.
9. Because I don’t always put things away, there’s always something that needs to be organized.
10. I can’t stand when people misuse “there,” “their,” and “they’re”. Ditto for “to” and “too.”
11. I used to always do things above and beyond or not at all. As I’ve gotten older I’ve learned that most of the time “good enough” really is good enough.
12. I always find myself watching “The Wedding Singer” whenever it comes on TV.
13. I have a mild obsession with clocks.
14. I hate shopping for clothes, but never tire of buying stuff for my house. Like clocks.
15. I can barely remember the time in my life when I had never heard the word “autism.”
16. If you have smooth, flawless skin….I’ve noticed. And secretly coveted.
17. 95% of cologne/perfume makes me sick and/or gives me a headache. Okay, I totally made that number up. It’s possibly higher.
18. I love buying, wrapping and giving gifts and hate to receive them. My husband prefaces everything he buys me with, “Please don’t say that you don’t need it. Please at least pretend to be excited. And could you puh-leze wait 24 hours before returning it? And then at least exchange it for something else…..besides a clock.”
19. What I know logically in my head doesn’t always translate to how I feel emotionally in my heart.
20. I love doing dishes. Instant gratification.
21. Toilets, on the other hand, gross me out.
22. If everybody’s doing it, I don’t want to.
23. I can’t go into people’s homes without mentally rearranging their stuff….why is that picture so high?..... I just saw a fabric that would look fantastic with this sofa….. Can I just try moving this chair over here and see how it looks?
24. I don’t understand the whole “shy’ thing. Quiet people make me nervous.
25. I love reading random things about other people. Really.